If you have any unpaid Covid-19 Social Relief of Distress SRD Grant payments, please click the button below to select which branch of the Post Office you would like to collect them from. By doing this, we will be able to help ensure that your collection is scheduled as soon as possible.
How to Update Your Preferred SAPO branch?
Just follow the below steps to check your Covid-19 SRD Grant Application Status and Update Your Preferred SAPO branch.
- Go to official website of SASSA through the URL https://srd.sassa.gov.za/
- Next, click “Update Your Preferred SAPO branch” link under Select SAPO branch for Payment Collection at the bottom of the page.
- Enter the South African ID number of Applicant
- Enter the Phone Number used to submit your application.
- click on “Submit” button to know your status.
How to collect the SRD grant from Pick n Pay or Boxer?
The South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) has announced that approved recipients of the R350 Social Relief of Distress (SRD) grant can now collect their benefit from Pick n Pay and Boxer stores nationwide from Wednesday, 22 September.
However, according to SASSA, this is only open to grant recipients who have received an SMS from SASSA confirming their collection payout point as either Pick n Pay or Boxer.
“Pick n Pay and Boxer are proud to assist grant beneficiaries access their funds more conveniently and safely, ensuring they receive much-needed relief quicker than before,” said Pick n Pay’s Head of Omnichannel, John Bradshaw.
The national postal service has since welcomed the move and said it will relieve pressure on its Post Offices. According to SAPO, Pick n Pay and Boxer do not manage the application and approval of grant funds, or when and where collections can be made.
Pick n Pay collection points excludes BP Pick n Pay Express, Pick n Pay Clothing and Pick n Pay Liquor stores. Here is a step-by-step process to collect the SRD grant from Pick n Pay or Boxer:
1. To start, you will need your child’s birth certificate and ID card. If you don’t have either of these, please go to your nearest police station and obtain them first.
2. Bring these documents with you when you visitPick n Pay or Boxer – they will be required in order for to fill out thecorrect forms.
3. Once at Pick n Pay orBoxer, ask an employee about how to apply for the SRD grant – theywill know where everything is located and which form needs to befilled out .
4.(If necessary) The final step would beto sign an agreement saying that agreewith their termsand conditions before picking upyour cash reward!
⦁ SASSA Application: https://srd.sassa.gov.za/